As a Quality Control (QC) Testing Engineer, you will be part of Power Products Division and Medium Voltage (MV) business unit based in Riyadh. ABB is world’s leader in power products business and product manufactured becomes the key components to transmit and distribute electricity. The division incorporates ABB’s manufacturing network for transformers, switchgear, circuit breakers, cables and associated equipment. It also offers all the services needed to ensure products’ performance and extend their lifespan.
1. Pre and Post Checking of MV Switchgear Panels including visual, mechanical and functional Testing as per relevant International Standard and Factory Quality Management System (QMS) Procedures.
2. Ability to interpret block logic diagrams and equipment Detailed Schematic drawings of MV Switchgear and ensure the complete Scheme/logic verification as per the Approved Drawings requirements.
3. Preparing and implementing the Configuration of Protection and Control Relays/Intelligent Electronic Devices (IEDs) as per the Protection and Control/Auto Transfer Logic etc. scheme requirement as per Client specifications.
4. Functional and mechanical Testing of MV Vacuum/Gas Circuit Breakers and Earthing Switch.
5. Current Transformers (CTs) and Voltage Transformers (VTs) routine internal testing for MV Switchgear
6. Performing High Voltage and Contact Resistance test of MV switchgears.
7. Handling modification of Scheme during QC of MV switchgears.
8. Verification of drawings with Actual produced panels and Preparation of factory as built/marked drawings during the Factory internal testing.
9. Capable of handling modern testing equipments.
10. Planning the testing activates based on the given target time.
11. Handling client Factory Acceptance Test witnessing team.
12. Leading the communication with Client (inspectors) during Factory Acceptance Test.
13. Ensuring the strict compliance of QC activities based on company Health & Safety policy.
14. Organization and management of work on a daily basis, to ensure that they are fully aware of their daily work schedule. Accordingly, Prioritize and Plan site the testing activates based on the given target time with full coordination with QC and Production team.
15. Ensuring and maintaining excellent QC record into the company database.
16. Preparing/Formulizing the investigation report/Non Conformance Reports (NCRs), in case of testing failures.
- Riyadh,,Saudi Arabia
- Contract type:
To apply online